Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tunes for Junes

New month, brand spanking new music picks

Presets - Are You The One?

This tune mixes elements of Franz Ferdinand's manic dance rock with a little Nine Inch Nails industrial edge. Cool video too.



Black Keys - The Go-Getter (audio only)

I had started losing interest in the Black Keys after a few lackluster albums, but their new work off Brothers has already served as a reminder of the band's importance and proven that they can successfully grow beyond the very constant sound of their first two albums. While still very much blues-cased, The Go-Getter is a much slinkier, sexier form of the genre than the hard-driving straight-forward power blues that put them on the map. I even think that Dan Auerbach vocals are more suited to this type of music. And when you listen, keep reminding yourself that the Black Keys are only two guys. Impressive, eh? It's even more impressive live.



Janelle MonĂ¡e - Tightrope

I'm throwing a curveball here. I know so little about R&B compared with what I know about rock, so recommending an R&B strong is really stretching it. But I like this tune and the quirky video, too. I like this chick's old-school look and super-slick dance moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment